Offering some genuinely unique features, the Hypertherm Powermax 30XP is nothing less than a monster. It is unbelievably lightweight and offers seamless cuts. Not only does it deliver exceptional quality, but it also is a superb performer that comes in a mini package. This article will discuss this plasma cutter’s various traits, its usability, features, specs, and possible cons.
While looking for a plasma cutter, users always wish to have something pocket-friendly and come with the latest features.
Hypertherm Powermax 30XP is the one that not only values its user’s money but provides all the advanced features like adapter, shoulder strap, and is also very lightweight.
Many plasma cutters assure users to cut a ½ inches thick metal, but reality seems quite different. But, in Powermax 30, it does offer a clean ½ inch through and through the cut without much hassle. We will be discussing its cool features in detail in the below section.
Take a quick look at the specifications of the Hypertherm Powermax 30XP:
- Works on: gas, nitrogen, oil-free air.
- Input Voltage: 240V and 110V.
- Duty cycle: 35% at 240V and 20% at 110V.
- Cut depth: ½ inches and 5/8 inches.
- Cutting speed: 250mm/min or 10 ipm and 125 mm/min or 5 ipm.
- Product weight: 42 pounds approx.
- Product dimensions: 14 x 5.5 x 11.5 inches.
- Works on dual voltage supply of 110V and 240V, and is suitable for home applications. It also includes power adapters in its packaging.
- To save its users from the impact of material and extensive heat, it has a Duramax LT torch with a unique design to provide a comfortable grip.
- It has auto-voltage functionality that itself adapts the perfect voltage with 110V to 240V.
- This plasma cutter comes with all the safety equipment required along with it, like, eye-shield, shoulder strap, gloves, and other consumables.
- With a 20% duty cycle on 110V and a 35% duty cycle on 240V, this plasma cutter provides ample cutting speed up to 250 mm/min.
- It works perfectly on the metal piece as thick as ½ inches.
- It has a continuous arc pilot that helps to cut rusted and painted materials well.
Hypertherm Powermax 30 is made for welders who love perfection. It not only provides a clean-cut but that too on perfect heat and voltage. With such impressive specifications, this plasma cutter is a good deal for beginners, especially for welders by hobbies.
If you want to use this plasma cutter for limited professional purposes, or in a small workshop, you are considering the right product. With its power usage and cut speed, this plasma cutter is perfect for you.
Although it is not that great for heavy industrial purposes, you will love its silent performance and smooth cuts as a small scale welder. You can use it on aluminum, mild steel, and stainless steel.
With its portability and lightweight, you can even carry it along quickly.
The pre-requisite of a welder while using any electrical equipment is safety. With the additional gloves, helmet, and other consumables, this plasma cutter ensures you complete protection.
Its Duramax LT torch has a unique design to keep the extensive heat and material flame away from the users.
Apart from this, the user manual mentions all precautions that a user should keep in mind while working with a plasma cutter. Like, turn the cutter off when not in use, or always wear safety equipment while using the plasma cutter.
A high-power plasma cutter can deal with thick material almost effortlessly, and Hypertherm Powermax 30 is the perfect choice in such a case.
With a dual-duty cycle of 35% at 240V and 20% at 120V, it provides quite a smooth functioning. Also, it has an IGBT inverter technology, that further makes its functionality efficient.
Its auto-voltage mechanism can control fluctuating voltage to provide a smooth run. It automatically chooses the voltage supply it needs while in use.
Professionals might require the move plasma cutters from place to place as per their duty’s call. So, for them, portability becomes a prominent feature.
Weighing 42.5 pounds, this plasma cutter requires two people to lift it. You can also use a welder’s cart for its transportation.
Undoubtedly, the Hypertherm Powermax 30XP is a perfect plasma cutter that works effortlessly even on rusted metals. Whether you are a newbie or a pro, this plasma cutter is exceptionally easy to use.
1. Is HYPERTHERM POWERMAX 30XP any good?
Without a doubt, the Hypertherm Powermax 30XP is an ideal plasma cutter that operates flawlessly on rusty metals. Whether you are a novice or an expert, this plasma cutter is incredibly simple to use.
2. Is HYPERTHERM POWERMAX 30XP safe?
Safety is a prerequisite for a welder when operating any electrical equipment. This plasma cutter provides total protection with the addition of gloves, a helmet, and other consumables.
Its Duramax LT torch features an innovative design that shields people from excessive heat and material flame.
3. What is the power required by the HYPERTHERM POWERMAX 30XP to operate?
A high-power plasma cutter can virtually cut through thick material, and the Hypertherm Powermax 30 is the ideal choice in this instance.
It operates pretty smoothly with a dual-duty cycle of 35% at 240V and 20% at 120V. Additionally, it features IGBT inverter technology, which enhances its efficiency.
4. Why are plasma cutters so expensive?
With the advancement of inverter-based power supply technology, these systems may be compact and reliable while cutting with extraordinary precision, ease, and speed. That is why plasma is so pricey!
5. Why are plasma cutters so expensive?
Approximately 1 inch
Plasma cutters are used for cutting and gouging operations, with the average hand-held machine can cut up to around 1-inch thick metal.