Looking for an HYL ARC160A Stick Welder Review?
When we start exploring different types and kinds of welders currently available in the market, we come across many famous brands and products like the HYL Arc160A Stick Welder.
We also tend to determine whether the welder is multifunction or not and what kind of heavy-duty jobs it can handle. So, in this article, let us find out the unique features of this welder that we have mentioned.
If you know anything about welding, then you must have come across this brand some or the other time.
First, it comes with 3-in-1 combo welding functions, which can be any welder’s perfect solution.
Small and compact, weighing just 54.8 pounds, can be easily moved around for a 360-degree welding experience.
Below is the list of specifications which HYL Arc160a Stick Welder has:
- 3-in-1 combo welder – MIG, TIG, and Arc welding
- Runs on both 110V and 220V
- Amperage Range is 10A – 120A (110V) and 10A -160A (220V)
- Can accommodate any standard welding electrode
- Heavy Duty Cycle- 25% at 110V for MIG welding, 45% at 220V for TIG welding
- Weight- 54.8 pounds
- Safe start in the low current input
- Power Source: The machine is compatible with both power sources. It is, however, set to run on 220V by default. But when you wish to use it on 110V, it comes with an adapter that can bring down the power from 220V, and you will be able to use it.
- Welding Processes: A close-packed machine that is enabled to handle three types of welding jobs- MIG welding, TIG welding, and Stick/Arc welding. This 3-in-1 combined welder is a one-stop solution to all welders.
- Efficiency: It performs at very high efficiency, which makes this device stands out. Both the MIG and TIG efficiencies are at any point better than many welding machines available in the market.
- Duty Cycle: For the TIG welding process, the duty cycle is 25% at 110V, and for the MIG welding process, the duty cycle is 45% at 220V.
- Operating Voltage: When there is no wire feed, and speed is maximum, the voltage is 47Volts, and the maximum operating voltage is 28Volts with an output of 130Ampere in 115Volts and 160Ampere in 22oVolts.
When it comes to usability and effectiveness, this machine is highly compatible with all types of metals, alloys, stainless steel, Alloy MIG metals, etc. for welding.
The minimum size of the wire, which is recommended, is 0.023 inches or 0.030 flux core, and the maximum size of the wire recommended is 0.030 inches or 0.035 flux core. What else does one require in a welding machine!
A lot of user reviews mention about the supportive and knowledgeable customer care that the brand provides. A detailed user manual is included in the box for a better understanding and functioning of the device.
While working with any dangerous machine, especially welding machines, we need to consider safety first. In the HYL Arc160a stick welder, the machine starts with a safety low ampere, which means that there will not be any influential high arc at the beginning.
It also incorporates a thermal overload protection structure which does not allow you to weld up to the overheating point. It not only stops accidents but also increases the longevity of the device.
The input power consumption is very low compared to other welders. It can run on 110Volts as well as 220Volts if required.
The output current for 110Volts is between 10 – 120Ampere, and for 220Volts is between 10 – 160Ampere. This means you can simply run it on standard house power.
We think the most unspoken part of the HYL Arc160a welder is how light and portable it is. It comes with an overhead rod, which gives a better grip to carry the welder. It weighs around 54.8 pounds.
The dimension of the device is 21.89 x 18.82 x 16.5 inches. It also comes with an additional adapter, MIG guns, etc.
In this HYL ARC160A review, we have discussed the highly functional, compact yet powerful, easy to carry, and super safe stick welder.
HYL is a brand that has been known for its high quality and technical upgrades. Besides, it saves your electricity bill and a lot of dollars, considering the great price it is available.
1. Is HYL ARC 160A stick welder any good?
The HYL ARC160A stick welder is a highly functional, compact, yet powerful stick welder that is easy to carry and highly safe.
HYL is a brand that is well-known for its high-quality products and technological advancements. Additionally, it saves you money on your electricity bill and a substantial amount of money, given the low price at which it is offered.
2. Is stick welding good?
Stick welding is helpful on the majority of alloys and joints and may be used both indoors and outdoors and in drafty regions. Additionally, it is the least expensive procedure and enables forming of a strong bond on rusted or unclean metals.
3. What is the best welder for a beginner?
MIG welders are one of the better types for novices, as they have a wire welding electrode on a spool that is run through a welding gun at a predetermined speed. Gas metal arc welding (GMAW or MIG) is the most straightforward procedure to learn as a semi-automated or automatic process.
4. Which Weld is the strongest?
TIG welding creates stronger, cleaner, and more precise welds than MIG welding or other Arc welding processes. Having said that, different welding jobs may demand different procedures; though TIG welding is normally stronger and higher quality, you should utilize MIG or another process if the project requires it.
5. Can an arc welder kill you?
While it is possible to be shocked while welding, particularly in moist conditions, this is more often than not due to faulty equipment or carelessness, due to the low voltages involved, welding units are less likely to kill you than a standard power outlet.